Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow finds parenthood depressing...

So, Gwyneth Paltrow is "goop-ing" off at the mouth again. This time instead of shoving macrobiotic food down our throats she is discussing how her second baby, Moses gave her the major sads. I seriously cannot stand this pretentious bitch. Not to downplay the importance of postpartum depression but I am not surprised that she would be depressed, picturing stone cold Gwyneth unable to "access" her emotions is no stretch of the imagination.

Here is her sob story:

"I felt like a zombie. I couldn't access my heart. I couldn't access my emotions. I couldn't connect. It was terrible, it was the exact opposite of what had happened when Apple was born. With her, I was on cloud nine. I couldn't believe it wasn't the same. I just thought it meant I was a terrible mother and a terrible person.

About four months into it, Chris came to me and said, 'Something's wrong. Something's wrong.' I kept saying, 'No, no, I'm fine.' But Chris identified it, and that sort of burst the bubble. I thought postpartum depression meant you were sobbing every single day and incapable of looking after a child. But there are different shades of it and depths of it, which is why I think it's so important for women to talk about it. It was a trying time. I felt like a failure."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...